Latest from the Blog
- Video: How A.I. Drives Business Outcomes, an Interview with Metis StrategyIn this interview Peter High of Metis Strategy, I discussed the importance of AI to our digital future and why only 8 to 10 percent of companies are truly transforming digitally. We also covered why IT teams who are successful in truly transforming work jointly with the broader business to define value. Further, we discussContinue reading “Video: How A.I. Drives Business Outcomes, an Interview with Metis Strategy”
- Three Strategies For Successfully Innovating At ScaleInnovation is the lifeblood of a successful company. New ideas, products and processes enable businesses to meet evolving customer needs, capture opportunities for growth and provide value in a changing landscape. Maintaining a consistent focus on innovation, even during times of upheaval, results in long-term benefits. For example, organizations that continued to invest in innovationContinue reading “Three Strategies For Successfully Innovating At Scale”
- Discover And Deliver Software Value With A Wide-Angle Business LensThe first principle in the Agile Alliance’s Manifesto for Agile Software Development states: “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.” But how do we define that value? What does it look like in the context of digital business transformation? A major reason digital transformations fail is that business leadersContinue reading “Discover And Deliver Software Value With A Wide-Angle Business Lens”
- What Do Digital Transformation Leaders Do Differently?Every company is a digital company in our digital economy. For years, companies across industries have embraced the idea of digital transformation, investing in new technologies and strategies to become more digital. Now the coronavirus pandemic has increased the urgency around accelerating these initiatives. In a Gartner survey from May through June 2020, 69% of boards ofContinue reading “What Do Digital Transformation Leaders Do Differently?”
- If Everybody Is Adopting AI, Where’s The Advantage?There’s a lot of hype around artificial intelligence (AI) — and for good reason. With the right algorithms, businesses can quickly pinpoint and act on patterns, clusters, trends and anomalies in customer behavior, supply chains, internal operations and market dynamics. But as the core methodologies of data science become more widely adopted, AI algorithms become lessContinue reading “If Everybody Is Adopting AI, Where’s The Advantage?”
I learned to love software more than 30 years ago and for the past 25 years have been privileged to work with leaders in making software development more efficient, effective, and agile with techniques such as Enterprise DevOps, AIOps and VSM. I was the founder of Digital.ai, serving as its first CEO of the platform company, and remain an investor and advisor to the CEO and board for this innovator in DevOps Value Stream Management — a framework for improving the fusion between technology investments and business outcomes.
I believe one of the most important things business and technology leaders need to do is focus beyond just profit and in alignment with their purpose, which many are focussed on transforming the world for a better and safer place. To do this in today’s rapidly changing digital and AI era, one has to look beyond the specific projects and initiatives, or the short-term outputs of the organization and teams, and to start with the purposeful outcomes and reverse engineer technology, people and processes.
This website is where I share my thoughts and curate articles from elsewhere about life, business, and transforming everything using software and AI technologies, continuous learning to help achieve purposeful outcomes.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.